Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Samson's new halter and lead

Samson was moved back to that narrow tree paddock and, surprise surprise, he scraped one of his front legs. He was a little lame on it on Monday but he'll be fine. I'm not all surprised he hurts himself, I watch him and he canters around and practically runs through trees. You can kind of see him thinking and saying "oh, maybe I should move" but then he's goes "Naaa" and runs through these small trees/large bushes. It's been raining a lot, so I haven't done much with him, when it clears up I will, as I have finished university for the year and have heaps of time on my hands.

Yesterday I received a parcel. When I opened it I discovered it was the rope halter and lead that I ordered from Cypress Lodge. I ordered in "electric blue" as Samson's colours are light blue, turquoise and black. It was a beautiful almost bright aqua blue. The rope is so soft. I ordered the advanced lead without a clip, as my lead is too heavy, and I really like it. Samson seemed to respond better to pressure with it also. On the popper on the end is stamped "SAMSON" is lovely writing. I'll post pics when I get my camera from the car.

Looking at the halter I thought it looked too small, which was very disappointing as I had measured Samson's head. He's in between a full and a cob so nothing fits him right. Anyway, slid the halter on and it was a perfect fit. I have never seen a halter fit that well. Normally they seem to go across the cheek, but this one when right under the chin. I was very, very impressed, and he looks awfully spiffy, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment